Hawking Up Hairballs

Thursday, December 24, 2009

An Odious World

”One is not superior merely because one sees the world as odious.”

The above comes from Francois-Rene Chateaubriand, who is credited as the founder of French Romanticism. I had to laugh upon reading it. I found it right on the mark, for I have to admit that I am often guilty of thinking myself a superior person simply because I look upon the world with a cynical eye.

Just recently I was thinking that I am of an age where I really should write a will. Not that I have financial resources that amount to much, but it might save my family members some hassles when I die. That got me to thinking about what I wanted in the will. I definitely want to be cremated. Fuck the Christians and their resurrection of the flesh. Besides, cemeteries are just good parks ruined.

Then there's the matter of what I want done with my ashes. Oh, I know what I'd dearly love. I'd love to have them scattered on a garbage dump. That's how odious I think the world is. I'd rather that my ashes mingle with the world's detritus than with anything else.

I won't do it, of course. It would upset the surviving family members, and what would be the point of that? There is an alternative though. Perhaps if some hot, young beauty could be found who would agree to rub my ashes all over her perfect body. Yeah, that right there, that's the ticket. She could start with her breasts, move on down to her belly, ash-dirtied hands going right for the sweet spot, and, and,...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home